Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dipping Oil for Bread

If you have ever been to an Italian Restaurant, you have probably noticed that many serve their bread with a dipping oil instead of butter. Some do something as simple as olive oil and cracked pepper, others add many spices and herbs or even cheese.

I decided to try to make my own dipping oil and after a few tries, I came up with something that my family loves. The hubby even told me he likes it better than any he has had in a restaurant!

It is so easy to make. All you need are a few really good quality ingredients. I urge you to try to make your own too! It's not something I would recommend eating on a daily basis, but every once in a while it is a nice treat.

Dipping Oil

Ingredients:

  • 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 - 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (you can add more or less to your taste)
  • 2 - 3 Tbs freshly grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly cracked black pepper
Directions:

  1. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl to combine.
  2. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes in order to let all of the flavors meld together.
  3. Enjoy with your favorite bread or even drizzle over meats or pasta dishes for a punch of flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment