Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fudgy Brownies


I've made a few brownies in my day. In fact, when I was pregnant with my little one, I made them quite a few times. My husband just brought it to my attention though that he doesn't like cakey texture of the brownies I have always made in the past. (I should have known, he's not the biggest fan of chocolate cake either.)

Luckily for me, Food Network Magazine was all about chocolate in this month's issue (March 2012) and guess what they had as their special little insert...a whole section dedicated to all different kinds of brownies. To surprise my husband, I made a batch of their Fudgy Brownies and boy did they come out great. My husband was thoroughly happy and has said multiple times that they are "very GOOD!".

Way to go Food Network Magazine for allowing me to make make brownies that my husband loves!

Fudgy Brownies, Courtesy Food Network Magazine, March 2012, Chocolate Issue

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Coat 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray. For easy removal, line the pan with foil, leaving and overhang, then coat with more cooking spray.
  3. Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring.
  4. Off the heat, whisk in both sugars then cool slightly.
  5. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.
  6. Stir in the flour and salt.
  7. Spread in the pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean.
  8. Cool on a rack, then cut into squares.


No comments:

Post a Comment